There are several ways to visit the orofacial therapist:
- you are referred by the doctor or dentist, who has given you a prescription.
- or you are referred by Google, without a prescription.
In both cases you are more then welcome. Nowadays, a prescription for physiotherapy is no longer necessary. Indications for orofacial therapy are:
- Pain in the face, jaw or head
- Facial paralysis
- Rehabilitation after accidents and fractures, cancer, rheumatism and other diseases with complaints in the head-nek-jaw region.
- Stress related/ tension typed complaints